Coombe Place is a Grade II listed country house set at the foot of the downs, near Lewes in Sussex. The main house dates from about 1740 but is built on earlier foundations. Inside there is some particularly fine papier-mache decoration of the later 18th century. The main entrance was moved in the 19th century, separating the hall and the main stairs.
We oversaw the complete refurbishment of the buildings. The stairs and hall were re-connected and the building was overhauled, involving re-roofing and the removal of rusting iron cramps from Portland stone dressings on the main façade. New services were introduced throughout and joinery carefully repaired. The late 18th century Stable Block has now also been repaired and the original chiming clock restored and put back in the Clock Tower. Planning permission has also been obtained to re-construct the now ruinous Gothick Folly on the hill above the house.