ClientPorts of Jersey
St Aubin’s Harbour and Breakwater
The North arm of St Aubin’s Harbour was built in 1818, completing the enclosure of what was then Jersey’s principle port. The structure was subsiding on its inner side and Arup designed stabilisation of the wall using ‘cintec’ anchors drilled through the masonry of the pier and down into bedrock. The same system was subsequently used on St Aubin’s Breakwater.
We provided planning and heritage advice to Ports of Jersey for the project, also managing public engagement for the project team.